Saturday, April 23, 2011

My husband's first Apprentice

Hubby's buckwheat noodle making Guest
My husband's young ex-lady-colleague had been wishing to try making Soba noodle. I doubted that his one year experience would be eligible to show how or instruct someone. However we all had a nice rewarding day together. 
She and her family graciously praised his noodle when they tasted it before and she wanted to see how he does and try at least once.  It was a pleasant surprise for me that a young lady like her (almost our daughter's age if we had) had an urge to try a kind of traditional noodle making. 
We both were amazed her enthusiastic manner and she did a splendid job. She seemed surprised to know so many steps we had to go through to enjoy it. Especially cutting part was the hardest, she said for my enquiry after that. Pictures were just part of the process. As I had already posted how soba was made before, I feel a bit sorry for my friends reading this post.
 After enjoying soba lunch, my husband wished her to listen to his saxophone. Well, looking hubby enjoying guest; I was grateful for her visiting us and gave us happy and refreshing time for a change. Personally, I was happy that she looked intrigued with my blog and had no offense being posted in here.
  







 

3 comments:

  1. It's so welcoming to have his student! It must be exciting and rewarding for both of them. Why don't you to be his student as well. What do you think? I think I know the answer.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to see the younger generation wanting to learn older traditions. Good job!
    xo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post and pictures! Isn't it such a joy to see a younger generation enthusiastically keeping cultural arts alive! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and always leaving such sweet comments. I just adore you, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete