Wednesday, January 3, 2024

*A happy New Year to Everyone & First Shrine Visit of the Year*

*The first Sunrise of the year*

On January First, I took photos of "New-Years-Sunrise; Hatuhinode 初日の出 from TV's screen. Hatuhinode means the first Sunrise of the year as a way of praying good luck and health in the new year. I hope everyone will have a bright & happy Year 2024. We have 12 zodiac-sighs for each year. This year is ”The Year of the Dragon”. I wished to introduce our how we enjoy New Year. Even Though from TV-screen, I wish I can share the feeling of Happy New Year.  

*Sun Rise with the Fuji-Mountain from TV*

Diamond-Fuji Mountain

*Wishing you all A Happy New Year*

I bought these New Year's Decoration from Shrine


*New Year’s Visit to a Shrine (hatumoude;初詣)*

And "Wishing you all will have a Wonderful New Year"

        "Thankful Thursday",  "Saturday's critters",  

Lot's of love, Miyako;

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Miyako,
    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    May God support the people of Japan where the earthquake caused death and destruction.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the blogfriends of My Corner of the World: I wishing you and your family a year filled with health, joy, and moments of happiness.

    Happy New Year 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful way to start the year, capturing the first sunrise and sharing the traditions of the New Year's visit to a shrine!
    Heartfelt prayers for Japan in light of the earthquake, hoping for safety, strength, and support for everyone affected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family, I wish you all the best in 2024. Sending prayers for the those in Japan affected by the earthquake. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete