Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Exhibition of the Cartoonist & my city's Old-Days;

    Went to see the Exhibition of  "Neon Genesis EVANGELION" 
I happened to know about this exhibition through the talk on the phone with my friend. This is the Animation series from famous cartoonist called Annno Hideaki (庵野 秀明). 
He happened to be from my city. As this is the animation maybe for the young boys, I haven't seen it on TV (televised before). I especially enjoyed the old scene of my city with White & Black image reminding me of my good old (little) days walking with my mother stopping by "clothes shop" & others.
These are his most famous cartoon called "Mothra, モスラ" & others.

Pictures below are the self-portraits from the cartoonist.

*For me, these Black & White old scenes are quite Reminiscing
*Jumbo Dragonfly*
My husband's friend's mother found this "Jumbo Dragonfly" close to her house early this month. My husband was checking its name. And after taking pictures of it we released it.

Thank you very much for stopping by,
Take Care we are restricted days because of virous thing;
PS;  We hold my husband's mother's 50th memorial service, I will be late for commenting; so sorry for that.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Miyako,
    The cartoon characters are cool, what a neat exhibit. I love the Jumbo Dragonfly, it is nice you could take the photos and release the dragonfly. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old black and white photos. I hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great exhibition! I love to search for old photos from Helsinki, too. They are nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the b&w shots a lot. I remember Mothra movies! And the dragonfly is special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dragonfly and very interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miyako - what an interesting exhibition, especially since the artist is from your city. And that is an amazing dragonfly - your husband is handling it so gently.

    ReplyDelete