Saturday, August 20, 2022

Motonosu-inari-shine

So sorry for my really late posting this topic, I visited this shine bit early July. And also missed the chance to post sooner.

First Picture below is from the Shrine's Home Page;

My husband & I didn't go down to the "torii, 鳥居" which is the orange colored gate. There are lots of Color for the Torii & it seems variety of meaning for it. We could see people went down to enjoy the view of the sea. I took this picture below from the parking lot. We didn't go down; I should tell you p;-)

At the parking lot, we could see many bikers were together enjoying the tour there as well.


                             Here is the Entrance & the "Inner Shine"
There is the another Torii for the Inner Shine. Before we can go into there, another Torii was waiting for us. If we throw coin for that special little box with heart-shaped & the coin got into it, it is said that our wishes would come true. People looked  trying hard make it to the box; but the box is a bit too small. It looked hard to succeed.     Haha, my tries didn't either; And also the foxes is believed that they watch over the farmers works.  Pictures below is the Main Shrine; especially this place is believed to be the energy vortex; we call "power spot" in Japanese English.

Thank you very much for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful views of the sea and the foxes guarding the shrine. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. Thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing other parts of the world. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting. I like the colour red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shrine is so unique with its tunnel of red arches. It looks like a very peaceful place to walk and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miyako - I agree with Pat that the tunnel of red arches is very unique. I think tunnels are very symbolic of being on a journey. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete