Friday, August 12, 2022

Exhibition of 2 types of Handcrafts & Pen Drawings;

                         *Joint Exhibition by 3 Artists; Works different from last time*
First picture below is from the last time three years ago. 
As there wasn't any like this time,  let me show you from the last time.

There is Joint Exhibition by 3 artists of "Dragonfly made from bamboo, Shisa (amulet of Okinawa), Pen Sketch" is going on at the place called "Kirara Natural park" right now. My husband exhibited his "Dragonflies" created by "Bamboo". The couple Exhibited Shisa & Pen sketch. I was a bit busy helping my husband recently. Although a bit blurred, let me show you the whole works exhibited in the first pictures of the works below.

*Bamboo Dragonflies my husband made*

At first, let me show you the Bamboo Dragonflies my husband made recently. Different from the ones I showed you when I posted his works from the former exhibition.



Here are 3 artists. From the left side, two of them are a couple. Husband is the Pen Drawings artist. His wife does 2 types of Hand Crafts; One of them is Shisa from Okinawa. On the right side is  my husband who loves Dragonfly. 




About Information and Picture page about Shisa; which is a Guardian Lions in Okinawa. And represented as a couple. They are believed to provide protection, they often sit outside or on top of the roof of many buildings in the archipelago. 
Local Paper posted about his works; Reporter & my husband;

*My husband got a sweet present*
A second year of elementary-school girl who had seen his work last time gave him a post card with sweet message at that time. So my husband sent her a post card letting her know about it beforehand the exhibition this time. He gave her a present some sweets inside the bag. Picture on the left is last time, some sweet messages were written on it. "To a Dragonfly Man. Dragonflies look Lovely" 
Picture on the left is the package he got from her this time. Her mother & her little sister were with her. 
           "To my Dragonfly ojisan old man"  "Dragonfly looks cute" 

*My husband looked happy being able to meet her*
Thank you very much for stopping by,

7 comments:

  1. Miyako - I am always so impressed with your husband's artistry. And what a wonderful opportunity to meet one of his "fans"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miyako,
    What a lovely exhibit and beautiful art work. The dragonflies are just amazing and I like the Guardian Lions. It is nice your hubby was able to meet his little fan friend. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband's bamboo dragonfly sculptures are delightful! How nice that he has such a young and loyal fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is such a special meeting! I love his beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet of that little girl giving a present for the Dragonfly man ❤️ Your husband is very skilful. It was also interesting to read about the Guardian Lions of Okinawa!

    ReplyDelete