Monday, January 3, 2022

Visited *Shrine 神社 'jinjya" to wish for *Peaceful Year*

* The First Shrine Visit for the New Year (初詣で・hatumoode)*
For Japanese people, we can't miss 'New Year Visit shrine' to wish for a good and healthy year.  New omamori (charms or amulets) are bought,  and the old ones are returned to the shrine so they can be burned. I bought some for Shinto Shrine (which my late father made for me when I married) placed in the kitchen. My husband & I went to the shrine on 2nd. Long queue to the Main Shrine.


As I wrote, people are buying "omamori"
Sweet Doggy was with his or her owner;



9 comments:

  1. Miyako - I am happy for you that you were able to visit the shrine. And how interesting that your father made a shrine for you to have in your home when you got married. Is that typical? Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday! I am looking forward to another year of fabulous posts from your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 新年おめでとうございます。ご夫婦お元気に初詣、いいスタートですね。私たちは近くの小さな神社にお参りしました。年始の様子、神棚のことなど日本文化についてのいい紹介なさってますね。Keep on the good work! Wish you all the best for 2022.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to read about your New Year customs. Happy & healthy New Year Miyako.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miyako,
    I enjoy reading about your customs and seeing the shrine. The dog is a cutie. I wish you a good healthy New year! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Your visit to the shrine looks very pleasant.

    best. . . mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shrine looks nice! Love the images.

    ReplyDelete