Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year 2022 & Flower-Arrangement done by our firend;     

*We have 12 zodiac sign*
This year is a "Tiger Year", according to 12 zodiac sign in Japan. My husband was born in the year of Tiger & he will have 6th time of his Zodiac sign, (haha you'll know how old he will be in the year of 2022).  ”虎” is the Kanji-letter of Tiger, you'll see this letter and the picture of the tiger in this year's New Year card.  

*These are the 12 animals which are used as the zodiac sign*

*Our Friend's New Year Flower Arrangements*
I personally have no talent for good flower arrangement; so let me show you the gorgeous & excellent ones from one of our friends .

These two pictures of the beautiful "New year Flower Arrangements"  were done by one of our lady friend. First one is for her own house and the second one for the place she works. I appreciate her kindness allowing me to post one of Japanese culture to show you all.  
Pine tree is the ”Evergreen Conifers” and also considered as the symbol of the longevity.  So that Pine Tree is almost the necessity for the New Year Flower Arrangements in Japan.
 


* For "Saturday's critters"*   I feel happy to be able to let the host and followers know these animals used for the symbol of the year. And I wonder the year of the animal has anything to do with our characters.   Maybe worth to check p;-)

8 comments:

  1. Hello Miyako,
    Beautiful flower arrangements. I wish you and your family all the best in 2022, a very happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miyako, Thanks for sharing the information about The Japanese Zodiac. Your Happy New Year cards are really cool! Happy New Year 2022 to you from Seattle, Washington, USA. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miyako,
    The Japanese Zodiac, the animal symbols are interesting. I hope the year of the Tiger is a year of good fortune. Beautiful flowers. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy January! I wish you a happy and healthy New Year! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower arrangements. Happy New Year Miyako!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flower arrangements are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flower arrangements.
    I know I am born in the year of the Monkey, but don't know what it means.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Miyako I wish you and your family a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope the year of the tiger is a good one. I would love to see you visit some time. It's been a while since I have seen you. All the best.
    Sonjia,

    ReplyDelete