Sunday, January 3, 2021

New Year card & Dishes for Year End and New Year;

*The emblematic bird of Japan is the CRANE

*This year's Japanese Zodiac sign is 'OX' *

We send relatives, friends and colleagues New Year cards to wish a great beginning & prosperity. Normally both of us write more than 50 of them all together every year. According to the Oriental Zodiac, this year is the year of the OX. So you can see the sweet illustrations in the card. Or the Japanese Kanji-Letter "牛" which means OX in the card.

The new year cards below are the examples from PC;

*My husband's Homemade Year Crossing Noodle*
These pictures are from last year end.


* Gifted New Near Dish called "Osechi Ryori" *

In Japan, we celebrate the New Year Day with traditional New Year foods called Osechi Ryori (おせち料理).  I remember and feel reminiscent my mother’s Osechi as each dish serves as well-wishes for the New Year.  How LUCKY I was that I was gifted this one.  Maybe the appreciation from his friend for the soba-noodle my husband makes.


*Japanese Varied Tit I found close to last year end *     
Perching on the tree in front of my house.

                Thank you very much for stopping by ;
                 I always appreciate your sweet comments 
     Hoping that Year 2021 will be full of happiness for you all;

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;

12 comments:

  1. Dearest Miyako,
    Wishing you and your husband a Happy 2021 in good health!
    The soba noodle chef is always very busy with his hobby that he perfected over the years.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aesome photos I hope your New Year is going well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute designs for the new year cards! The one with cows in daruma outfit is my favorite :-) I was born in ox year so I’m toshi-onna this year.
    Your soba noodle dish looks so yummy! You are very lucky to get to enjoy fresh homemade soba. Your husband is very talented! Osechi Ryori looks yummy, too. When I was a child, I was not a fan of Osechi Ryori but over the years, I became more fond of it.
    Such a cute birdie on the tree! Happy New Year, Miyako san. I wish you, your husband, and all your loved ones a wonderful 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and Healthy New Year! Wonderful photos especially of your husband making his special noodles which must taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miyako - it is very interesting to see these New Year cards featuring the Ox. You are very fortunate to receive such lovely dishes as gifts! And as always, you seem to find beautiful birds everywhere you look! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! :) Your food looks so delicious! It was fun to see your husband making the noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw the ox right away in your card of the year. Am curious what this year is said to bring:) Am smiling, because your husband is dressed up for the occasion of making soba noodles. Traditions seem very important in Japan. That is so different from the Western world. Many thanks for showing how it's done in Japan! The newyears dish Osechi looks delicious:) Jes

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to see the Japanese New Year cards Miyako. Wishing all the best for 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello and Happy New Year Miyako. The greeting cards are pretty, I wish you much happiness and prosperity in the New Year. The food does look delicious, I like the photos of your husband making the noodles. The Varied Tit is a beautiful bird, lovely photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the zodiac is so interesting as i am not familiar with it. the bird images are really beautiful!! enjoy your sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos and your greeting cards are so pretty Happy new year yummy looking food hubby cooks gourmet meals for me as well

    ReplyDelete