Sunday, September 27, 2020

Equinox Day & Cluster‐Amaryllis ;

*Short Excerpt about Japanese Equinox day again* 
Please skip reading this part as I am pasting from former post of this topic p;-)
Fall Equinox, Vernal Equinox,  is one of our most traditional National Holidays.  
One of the two origin is the celebration of seasonal change typical of an agricultural society. We have a saying "Atsusa samusa mo Higan made" ("Heat and cold last until Higan").  
The other; Based on the Buddhist teaching, both Equinox days are also called "Higan (on the other side of the shore, the other world) no Chu-Nichi" in Japanese.  We visit our family tombs on this day in the middle of the week of Higan to pay our respects to our ancestors. We weed  around our family tomb, and offer flowers, light the incense.


*Cluster Amaryllis (Higannbana) at Nanbaraji-Temple “南原寺”*
I went to this temple to enjoy this seasonal flower again ♪
 So sorry for the lots of the pictures;

*On Our Way to the Temple*
*Goddess of Mercy to prevent dementia*
Seeing me forget things many times recently, my husband suggested me that I give a prayer to her and also to buy a good luck charm;-)

*And varieties of colors of the flower *

*Pictures I took during the drive to the Temple*

*Gifted Picture from our friend*
I was really happy that the lady member of the band group my husband involves sent me this picture of white one. So happy as I could 't find this color at the temple ♪
Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comments.
Hope you all are enjoying comfortable seasonal weather♪
Take Good Care of Your Selves; 

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;

15 comments:

  1. Dearest Miyako,
    What a lovely post with beautiful photos!
    Brightens our dreary and rainy day here in Georgia.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful posting from these adorable flowers.
    I wish you a good week, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. The tradition to honour ancestors at the equinox is a wonderful one. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The temple and its garden are so beautiful! I enjoyed seeing Cluster Amaryllis blossoms in many different colors. It must be really pleasant to stroll around there. The landscape you captured from the car is beautiful, too. Looks like Higanbana is in full bloom everywhere :-)
    I hope you are enjoying nice autumn days, Miyako san. It was rather hot here this weekend but it will cool down in the coming days. Have a wonderful new week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miyako - please, never apologize for so many photos!!! The amaryllis are so delicate - what a marvelous creation of Nature! Thanks as always for sharing your culture with us, and for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Very beautiful Orchid
    I am 16 on the linky today

    Much💓love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic flowers! I love how intricate they are.

    I am glad you joined us at 'My Corner of the World' this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. Thank you for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Miyako

    The flowers are gorgeous, I love the Amaryllis. The Temple and statues are beautiful. Lovely series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading about your tradition Miyako. The park is amazingly beautiful, liike a flowering paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gardens are beautiful! I loved seeing all of your photos, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One can never have too many photos of flowers. The seasonal flowering is immense and so beautiful. I can see why it is special for you to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Something quite different for us here in Finland. But you pictures are very soothing.

    R. Täysin arkista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow ! You have so many varieties of Lycoris lily.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/10/garden-affair-succulents-world.html

    ReplyDelete