Sunday, August 2, 2020

Found Cicada perching on our Screen Door;

                                
*Large Brown Cicada on a Screen Door *
Several days ago in the morning, I found this Cicada resting or perching peacefully on our sliding door. It stayed there long enough for me to take some pictures ♪  I didn't think it looked cute but my husband looked having Nostalgic Feeling p;-)

*Pictures sent to me through SNS by my husband's friend *
Lady member of the Band my husband involves sent me these pictures after seeing my pictures above (˘˘) Sorry that I couldn't identify the name of this kind. She said that "Doesn't it look like an engagement ring" p;-)

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I always appreciate your sweet comments.
It seems that the virus thing wouldn't die down. 
Please take Care of  Yourselves.

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;

15 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog. Have enjoyed reading some of the posts and your photos are nicely framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Miyako,
    That is a very nice photo of your Cicada.
    Don't know either what insect is in the other photos.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand the nostalgic feeling. Cicada reminds me of summer vacation during school years :-) The noise cicadas make was a big sound of summer. Of course the sound is same now, but I think it sounds more significant in children’s ears. The lady from the band is very brave to have cicada on her hand! It does look like a ring. Very big ring :-)
    Happy August, Miyako san. Stay cool and healthy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miyako - yes, cicadas remind me of summer - when I grew up in Ohio, they were always present and the sound brings back fond memories. Of course, there are some cicadas that are very destructive by eating all the leaves on trees ... Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy MosaicMonday... stay healthy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in the South East of the US we are VERY familiar with cicadas. A sure sign of summer is listening to them at night.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have them here in Florida too and they sure can get noisy in the woods and near the water. I love them though and you took great photos of this one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting creatures! Definitely not an engagement ring!!

    I’m so happy to see your link at ‘My Corner of the World’ this week!! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miyako, Great bug photos. You make then look so good. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was lucky that the cicada stayed on your screen for a photo session. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love what you did with the image and with the experience in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful this Posting with very nice creatures!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely engagement ring! Happy & safe weekend Miyako.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Miyako

    Neat photos and closeups of the Cicada. LOL, that is some engagement ring. Take care and stay safe! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete