Sunday, September 15, 2019

Japanese Verbal Entertainment "Rakugo" and Dragonfly etc;

*Rakugo with Orchestra*
On 5th this month, we went to hear "Rakugo". What is more, in collaboration with orchestra. "Rakugo" is a form of Japanese Verbal Entertainment. The lone storyteller (落語家 rakugoka) sits on stage and depicts a long and complicated comical (or sometimes sentimental) story. Dressed in a kimono, the storyteller remains seated throughout the performance. So happy for my first experience with live, but unfortunately, we were NOT allowed to take pictures and videos,



Picture and long Video of the Rakugoka "Shota" from PC whom we went to see.
I found this page which explains Rakugo in English elaborately.
With this video in the page, Diane explains about Rakugo in English.



*Two kinds of dragonflies*
My Dragonfly Lover husband was SO excited to find this "Lesser Emperor" in front of our house, which he proudly explains that this is the kind especially hard to find.  We released him as soon as finished photo taking.
With my surprise, few days later I found the Lesser Emperor flying around over the near by pond. As you can see, my picture and video were not well taken, Would you please let me post these ;-)








This unidentified Dragonfly's picture was sent from the lady member of the band my husband involves through sns "line".  Surprised to see that looked similar with the one above, but my husband said that definitely this one is the different kind. 


* Yellow Cluster Amaryllis*
We call this Cluster Amaryllis "彼岸花" which literally means "flower of the equinoctial season" in Japanese. They sure bloom around this season. I found red color flower ones at some places this year as well. But How Lucky I was that I haven't seen yellow ones for such a long while. 

Thank you very much for stopping by ;
I always appreciate your sweet comments;

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for your link on 'My Corner of the World'! It's lovely to see you this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I especially like the photo of the dragonfly!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun you got to see Rakugo live! I've never been to Rakugo myself. It must be extra fun to experience it with other audiences :-)
    Love the photos of dragonfly. The one flying over the pond and the video are really delightful to see! And the yellow higanbana is very beautiful!
    Happy Monday to you, Miyako san. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how funny is Rakugo! I watched the videos, was so interesting! I have never seen that beautiful flower... EWishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Miyako,
    Wow, that Rakugo is special and I loved watching the video.
    WISH I could run AND fly like she did... And the wasabi and hot potato eating was well done!
    Following dragon flies with your camera is quite a challenge as they are so fast in their movements.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful post, Miyako, and such interesting items. I can imagine that they have storytelling as an art.But I guess, stories can also be too long:) Yes, I can see the difference in the head and shape of the body with the second dragonfly:) Nice to have a happy husband:) The Amaryllis is beautiful - I can't recall seeing it here in California, but it is possible I have overlooked them. Beautiful and interesting items for All Seasons, Miyako, thank you so much! Have a lovely week, Jesh/junieper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miyako - tomorrow I will take some time and watch the videos about Rakugo - the actor must be very talented to be seated for a long time and keep people entertained! I thought about you and your husband this week when I was out for a run and saw a beautiful dragonfly on the road - it stayed there so I could take a picture - you will see it in a future post. The shape of that amaryllis is very unique! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miyako,
    Your collage with the yellow amaryllis is just lovely. How fortunate to see the dragonflies and take photos of them. I like the one that is a bit blurry - it shows how the dragonfly is moving quickly. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Amaryllis is just beautiful, Miyako. Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Miyako! Sound slike a fun evening and entertainment. The dragonflies are all wonderful, lovely captures. I love the amaryllis, a beautiful flower. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dragonflies were such a fun sighting! Love those gorgeous flowers...all swirly and beautiful! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete