Sunday, October 14, 2018

Matutake-Mushroom and Siberian Stonechat ;


Matutake rice
This Matutake-Mushroom was given by my husband's old friend early this month in return for Soba-Noodle he made for her. This special mushroom grow under the red pine-tree and really costly to buy. And also has appetizing aroma when grilled or cooked with rice etc
                  2 links of the picture pages of Matutake and Matutake-Rice



















  I felt so Thankful to have a chance to taste this delicacy♫
  I should have cut it bigger so that we could see the shape of the mushroom ;-)

Siberian Stonechat
On 8th this month when we checked the rice paddy, I got really lucky finding "Siberian Stonechat";"nobitaki" in Japanese. At first, this little one looked like Sparrow we commonly see around rice reaping season. They were flying and perched on the weeds among the rice plants.  Happy being able to see these sweet faces for the first time ♧♧♧

Found a little cute chubby (hope the right word) one ♡♡♡
Sparrows were also enjoying crops

*Cluster Amaryllis and male Scarlet Skimmer*
They were on the roadside blooming and resting; haha, colors match, aren't they?
Thank you very much for your sweet visits;
 I hope you all are having happy Autumn days.   After the last post, my husband got a cold and kindly shared it with me :-)      Fortunately, it wasn't a serious one.    As always,  so sorry for my absence.  See You Soon and  Have a Wonderful New Week!

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;
"All SEASONS", "MosaicMonday","Through My lens","Our World Tuesday"

16 comments:

  1. Dear Miyako,
    I enjoyed looking your Photos. Especially with the birds.
    I wish you a nice week, also.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow matutake! Your dish looks so good and I wish I could smell the lovely aroma :-) You are so lucky to enjoy rare and special autumn flavor :-) Siberian Stonechat birds are very pretty. The chubby one is adorable :-) And sparrows look very happy in the rice field!
    Strikingly beautiful, red dragonfly. Happy autumn, Miyako san xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are getting over your cold! How nice of your friend to give you these expensive mushrooms!
    Am curious about the process of growing rice. Always heard it grows wet, but here it looks like the fields are dry when it is harvested? Cute little birdies, and yes - the same color amaryllis with the scarlet skimmer! Am glad you mentioned it, because I thought they were the same blooms! Such an interesting post and sharing it with All Seasons, Miyako:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing mushroom and how kind of your friend to give it to you as a thankyou for the Soba noodles. I hope that you are both without colds now and enjoying beautiful autumn weather.
    Happy Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm … now I am in the mood for something with mushrooms! Very pretty pictures of the bird - and yes, chubby is the right word! Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely set of photos. I especially liked reading about that special mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Miyako,
    Wow, being able to taste these exotic mushrooms, the MATSUTAKE, is quite an experience. It is not Matutake, the 's' needs to move in there.
    Of course we both know them and I envy you for having eaten it!
    Lovely photos of the bird as well.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special gift! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've seen so many interesting things this week! Love the Amarylis and pretty little birds. The mushroom sounds wonderful too! Enjoy your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mushroom sounds so good and something I would love to try. Nice to see the Amarylis also. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So interesting Miyako. Earlier this year I read a truly lovely novel of Hiromi Kawakami - Sensei no kaban (?) - The Sensei's Suitcase. The Sensei & his girlfriend went mushroom picking, but I don't remember which mushrooms they picked. The ricepaddy & bird are so, so pretty. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. An amazing mushroom! Siberian Stonechat is a beautiful bird.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, that is a nice looking mushroom. I make a similar rice and mushroom meal. Your Stonechat is a beautiful bird. Lovely captures. The Cluster Amaryllis is a beautiful flower. I wish they grew here. Lovely post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice looking Siberian Stonechat. Only seen as vagrants here in the UK and not all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet bird (and amazing pictures as always). The mushroom sounds so delicious. Our grandson and his wife brought us some wild mushrooms (chantrelles) that they had foraged -- they were delicious; I can imagine how amazing your rare one wAS!

    ReplyDelete