Monday, May 4, 2015

'Plastic Model' and May 5th 'Boy's Festival' in Japan:

*An Old Boy in my house made these three dogs*
This funny looking plastic model is "Ube-Dog" debuted in1997;  it's a mascot character of the company called "Ube Industries", which is the big composite material manufacturer in my city.  My late father had worked as a latheman in the company. 
My husband bought the first one soon after this dog appeared. Another 2 of them were the presents from his friends later. The third one he made recently looks too colorful for me and made me smiled :-)

Second one with dragonfly he found dead near my house; I posted this pic last year.

PS; I forgot to write that for the second and third ones, my husband painted by himself adding the accent for the original one.  Thanks for the comment from my friend 'Photo Cache', I should have mentioned about it :-)   


*May 5th is Children's Day or Boys Festival in Japan*
Koinobori, meaning "carp streamer" in Japanese, are carp-shaped wind socks traditionally flown in Japan to celebrate Tango no Sekku (端午の節句), a traditional calendrical event which is now designated a national holiday; Children's DayIt's one of the consecutive holidays in Japan.
On 3rd, our way back from an errand near our city park I stopped by there to check the wisteria flower, I found carp streamer there as well.    (Wisteria post will be later)
Above,  identification of the each:   Below, my cousin's decoration for her son.

*My favorite cake shop's decoration for Boy's Day for this year*

Linking this post to,"Our World Tuesday" 

Thank you very much for stopping by; 
I think FINALLY I'm able to return your sweet visits. I WILL SEE YOU SOON♡♡♡



12 comments:

  1. What cheerful carp kites and a sweet robot dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the carp flags. and your cute older boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little robot dog, and looks like a great celebration, once again. Hugs from Texas, Miyako.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "Old Boy" in your house made some adorable robot dogs. Sweet memory of your father too. Boys Day and Girls Days are such wonderful Holidays. I love the idea and wish we had such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the robot dog a lot. I bet these are sold in different sizes and forms.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miyako San!
    Uhe-Dog and koinobori Tango np Sekku national holiday: Children's day.
    The Children's are very happy with in the days! We having much in Australia.
    I remember so much was nice thing Omoideni narimasu.
    Have a nice time with Otosan tone!
    Toshi o torunoga iyadesune?
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed this post and hearing about 'boys day'. I love the colourful windsocks, just what boys would like I think.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such interesting National days in your country. I do like those carp kites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Ube-dogs are very cute! I love those whiskers. Your husband painted it very nicely. Very colorful and it made me smile, too :-)
    Happy こどもの日! The decoration of your favorite cake shop is so cute! Have a lovely day, Miyako san. Enjoy Golden Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Miyako, the Ube-dogs are cute..Your hubby did a great job on the painting. And I love the carp wind socks..Thanks for sharing Boy's Day..Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete