Saturday, July 16, 2016

Birthday Flower and Greeting;


Birthday Flowers* 
This week, we had one of my cousin's birthday party with delicious lunch and refreshing chitchat♪  I asked the arranged flower for her at the Flower-Shop where we used to go for special occasion. To my surprise,  I found the GORGEOUS big flower similar to Cotton Rosemallow at her own house-side.  
The old lady-owner told me its Japanese name and added; as it was gifted by her daughter, really preciousfor her.   In English, "Swamp Rose Mallow" 
She called the flower "america-fuyouアメリカ芙蓉;  American Cotton Rosemallow
Through PC,  I learned the flower is Native to North America. Always fascinates me finding these interesting naming differences between the 2 languages♪




These are the arranged flower and Anthurium my husband wished to buy.
Oh, I should have taken picture without the bag...

      *I need to take posting break until early last week of this month*
One of my old classmate friend invited me to a short domestic travel from 21st.  
And plus other miscellaneous tasks before the trip :-)  I WILL do my best to catch 
up with as many friends as I can till then♡♡♡  
So sorry not having visited you (especially link host);  starting from tomorrow morning.  
Night Night for today. 

8 comments:

Tamago said...

Wow, what gorgeous flowers. And they are huge! From the name, I'm guessing they may grow in swamp area in North America :-) The arranged flower is very pretty. I bet your cousin loved it!
I hope you will have a fun trip with your friend! Looking forward to some posts from the trip :-) Have a wondrful weekend, Miyako san xoxo

Sussi said...

beautiful flower! and so big

bj said...

We call them Rose of Sharon here...
have a good break.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful blooms! enjoy!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Miyako,
Lovely photos from Rose Mallows indeed.
And the flowers you bought look absolutely stunning.
Have a safe trip and see you when you're back.
Hugs,
Mariette

Michiko Johnson said...

Miyako San!
Rose's flower a beautiful Kiraidesuyo!
You having with your friend nice going with the trip ..Have a safe trip looking for you when you be back home.
Thinking about You!
Michiko

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The flowers are beautiful Miyako! Both the arrangement you bought and the plant growing on the balcony.

i know you will have a wonderful time on your trip around your country (and i hope you will share some pictures when you return ;>)!!)

Jedidja said...

Beautiful white flowers. I love them. Have a good time and I hope you comes back to the blogging world soon. XXX from your Europian friend.