Sunday, December 16, 2018

Calligraphy with Four-character idioms etc;

On 8th this month, my husband and I've been to the calligraphy exhibition of 'genyukai school' to our 'city cultural hall' located right next to "city music hall". This year marks the 50th anniversary of "Arts Festival" in our city.

I really admire the people who have skills for Calligraphy. The first work below is from popular song and there is the title in the middle and the lyrics in the both side.  Title of the song is "midare-gami, unkempt hair".  

The work in the middle down there is one of the Four-character idioms which expresses "ever-progressing".  Each character means "day. progress. moon. step".
My husband's young ex-colleague demonstrated a big work.
"星・hoshi" means "star".


Since last month, Autumn leaves of the tree in front of my house keep falling.  I enjoyed the change of the scene from the window.
Birds started to have nuts. Kind of regular Japanese White-eye. male redstart and HawfinchEophona personata. Wishing to have more visits like last year ;-)  Even so, I am happy and Thankful for the nature.

Thank you very much for stopping by;
  Have a wonderful rest of the year;

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;
"All SEASONS", "MosaicMonday","Through My lens","Our World Tuesday"

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful calligraphy works! Each one is so unique with calligraphers’ own styles. The big one is always so dynamic and fun to see the process. Your area is so rich in nature. I always love seeing these cute birds :-)
    Have a happy new week, Miyako san! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... it’s fantastic. By the way I give lessons here in Germany for calligraphies calling Lettering in style of Hundertwasser and another style of Keith Haring...

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely calligraphy. Happy week

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds and flowers are always extra special. You have a good eye for artistic photos! And the calligraphy is beautiful! Enjoy your week! Happy Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calligraphy is certainly an amazing skill, it's real art. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miyako - I enjoyed watching the work of the calligraphy artist, especially with the music in the background. She has quite a flair. Your bird pictures are so colorful and close up - I almost felt I was there looking through your window. Thanks for sharing this beauty with Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire so much the Japanese calligraphy. Delicate & artistic. Wish you Miyako and your husband a happy Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe of calligraphers, too. They're artists with amazing precision. Cheers to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Miyako, Thanks so much for your kind comments last week. Yes, I knew right away it was you:):) Since we were in China, I have admired this kind of calligraphy, and it is so artful! Love it that the art is passed on to young people as well! Also love the birds and flowers here.
    Hope that at one time you get to know the real meaning of the Christmas story, that "God so loved the world so much, he sent His son in human form to stand in place as a sacrifice, for our forgiveness of wrong doings."
    Love it that you share the stories of your culture to All Seasons. Have a great two weeks, and hope to see you back December 30!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Calligraphy art is beautiful. Some letters look so graceful and free, others are more tightly formed. Autumn is giving way to winter here and it's very gloomy with lots of rain. But lights inside and decorating peoples' houses are always so pretty, like the birds you photographed so beautifully. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that calligraphy takes much talent. It is beautiful. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Miyako,
    That was a good video taken by you of the former colleague of your husband's calligraphy.
    Lovely bird photos as well, with the berries.
    Wishing you good year's ending.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing your post & beautiful birds with us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Miyako, the Calligraphy pieces are like art work, beautiful. The bird photos are lovely. I would love to see the Japanese White-eye, Redstart and the Hawfinch. Great sightings. The flowers are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead. I want to thank you for all the visits and comments on my blog this past year. I am looking forward to visiting your blog in 2019. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in awe of such exquisite calligraphy. What skill and talent.
    I love the colorful photos of the birds.
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year filled with the beauty of Nature.

    ReplyDelete