Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick post of Last-night's Dinner

(posted; Japanese meal page)
Pretty Simple Dinner
I just want to share what I made for dinner last night. I strongly wish this post wouldn't bore any of you. In Japan the daily diet  has traditionally been considered as consisting of staple food (rice in rice-bowl) and supplementary dishes (either fish or meat plus some vegetables and so forth).
My husband likes soy-sauce base cooking.

 Omelet, fried minced beef and vegetable inside
 Tofu and radish, cooked with soy-sauce base soup

I once experienced that my foreigner guests had impression for plain rice as no taste. Very dry, fried rice I had in other countries during the trip made me SO surprised. The hot soft one right after cooked has slight sweet taste for me. I figure that rice is considered more of a kind of vegetable in western culture, right?


I am so ashamed that I put chopsticks "left-right reversal". My husband got impatient to eat and I was in so much haste when taking pictures.......  And also sorry for the poor images, as usual. 



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful looking dinner Orchid.
    I love rice, especially the jasmati. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Orchid, this looks lovely! I enjoy rice, especially jasmin rice.
    xo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Orchid, this looks delicious! I love this type of food. Very healthy, clean eating. Unfortunately, if I had to eat with chop sticks I would starve to death. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Orchid,

    Love the photos and I could eat all of it if possible... Love it. Chopsticks are for me easy to use as we used them in Indonesia also a lot; for me second nature. No I don't think so that rice is considered a vegetable in the western culture. It is a starch and you eat whether potatoes or rice as a starch. For me the choice is often rice, or sweet potato. Just a couple of days ago I looked at my sushi rice and thought about using it again... Love your Japanese rice varieties. Basmati and Jasmine is more for the Thai kitchen.
    For sure you did enjoy your meal and so did your husband!

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amiga,

    Passei para uma visitinha.
    Adoro arroz... e legumes.
    Fiquei com água na boca.

    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.

    °º♫
    °º✿Brasil
    º° ✿♥ ♫° ·.

    ReplyDelete