Monday, February 26, 2018

"Girl's Day Festival" Exhibition '2018' etc;

*Hina-maturi 雛祭り’ Girl's day Festival Exhibition*
Dolls for 'Girl's day' is called "Hina Doll" and "maturi" means Festival.  Local (next city) Handicraft Association called 'タンポポの会 Tanpopo no kai ' held 10th of this exhibition at the next city's department store.  The amazingly huge scale of exhibited works made me think how I can arrange my post ;-)


Playing with Sea-shell 
Playing Japanese Biwa and Koto instrument;
*This year's Oriental Zodiac Sign is "DOG" *
Wishing to be a sweet old couple with my husband near future :-)







*Works of  Indigo-Dyeing*
The Exhibition was the collaboration of these two handcrafts.
I felt really "Thankful"  for my luck


*Gifted Flower Pictures* 
Lady keyboard player of the band my husband belong to gifted me these pictures a bit while ago.  Sorry that I couldn't identify two flowers in the first picture.  Flower in the second picture is Hoya carnosa.  In Japanese we call the flower, " サクラランsakuraran".  
Before and After of Blooming


*Male and Female of Two birds* 
I've already posted Male and Female of Pale Thrush before. This year, many of them came to the tree in front of my house♫♫♫   Female has the Grayish color.
Early this month, I found Female Bull-headed shrike for the first time.  Picture of Male (left) was the old one I've posted before; Sorry that the female picture has the greenish color of the back.
Thank you very much for stopping by;   I always appreciate your sweet visits;
The Exhibition was yesterday, the festival is just around the corner. I wished to post today. (It's almost 4:00 p:)  Hope you will have a happy coming new week and wish to see you soon .               

20 comments:

  1. I love reading about Girls Day! I think Bill and I already are at the 'old couple' stage I am not sure that we are 'sweet' though )). Those dolls are definitely sweet however! How lovely that you have those wonderful birds in your own front yard. Thank you for all your pictures (and to your friend for gifting you and us with the lovely flowers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exhibit! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Girls Day Festival! I love it. That was a cool exhibit, thanks for sharing. The scarves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dolls are all so beautiful and dainty. And the Lady and man so life like! Love fiber arts. Beautiful Hoya flowers you were gifted. Thank you much for showing all these beautiful details and birdies in this post for All Seasons! Wishing you a marvelous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many adorable dolls. I am not aware of any such festivals in the US - maybe we should start one! The dyed fabrics are exquisite - these are the types of scarves I love to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Girl Day Festival, Miyako, the doll displays are lovely and the dyed scarves so beautiful, I hope that you bought one for yourself.
    Thanks for sharing everything with us at Mosaic Monday today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great exhibition! I remember some dolls from previous years. The sea-shell playing and sweet old couple look familiar :-) They are all very pretty! The indigo-dyeing exhibition is gorgeous, too! I love the scarf with flower print very much. And lovely photos of flowers and birds! Bull-headed shrike is adorable :-)
    Happy coming Girl's Day! Have a wonderful week, Miyako san!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a doll collection but don't have any pretty dolls like these. They have so much detail! Love your happy post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Miyako,
    Loved your line of wishing to be a sweet old couple with my husband...
    It touched me especially because both of us left a prayer note at a special centuries old Church in New Orleans, Louisiana today.
    Love all of your photos and what a special Dolls for Girl's day exhibit you went to.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so lovely to see your Japanese dolls & related objects. Years ago I was very keen on dollhouses - a huge variety of items can be bought. Your Hoya is so pretty. We call it here a Porcelaine flower. Wishing you a lovely week Miyako.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful and informative post Miyako..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girls Day sounds like a great idea. I do love all the dolls in their traditional costumes, and the pretty, pretty scarves. Sweet flowers, too. Happy week, Miyako.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Miyako!:) The dolls day exhibits are all lovely, young and old alike, and the scarves are beautiful. Your bird captures are great,:) and I was happy to see the flowers. I have the pink orchid(the one in bud form, and the image of the same flower opened. At least I think it is an orchid!! I love these wax like flowers. My thanks to you and your friend for gifting us with these beautiful images. A delightful post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Miyako, the dolls are so pretty. A lovely exhibit for Girls Day. The sweet old couple is adorable. Your birds and photos are great, I especially love the Shrike. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The doll exhibit is lovely! Girls Day sounds like a wonderful celebration. Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sharing this blog post with us at I R B B this weekend is much appreciated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed all your lovely photos, both of the exhibit and the birds. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Miyako!
    I enjoy browsing through your wonderful blog and I'm glad I found it. Girl's Day Festival is something very special. The dolls are adorable. Beautiful photos of flowers and birds.
    I wish you a nice weekend.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete