Monday, October 16, 2017

Gold-Leaf Folding Screen

Gold-leaf folding screen
Calligraphy group "Genyu 玄遊" had a party celebrating the publication of 500th monthly magazine. Gold-Leaf Folding Screen is usually decorated at the formal ceremonial occasions.
My husband band was invited to perform some music for the occasion at the hotel.  (picture page)

Left; Screen is folded                                           Right; Screen is opened

Lady members of the Calligraphy group danced with the popular music called Koi-Dance

which is the theme song of the drama "Running away is a shame, but useful".

(music by my husband's band group)
before party opened while rehearsing

*Chestnut Tiger Butterfly;  "asagimadara,アサギマダラ*
It's time we can see Chestnut Tiger Butterfly at the hillside of the Ryuou-mout. 
This particular butterfly come to Japan around May and travels Japanese archipelago to live the temperature about 23.  The flower they love "Boneset; hiyodoribana,ヒヨドリバナ "  is cultivated and blooming now.  Unfortunately, unlike last year I could see only few of them.


*Cyrestis thyodamas and Fritillary*

*These birds were from early this year which I haven't posted*

Pigeon and Dusky Thrush.  Picture is not well-taken, but I was happy to find Japanese Green Woodpecker at that time♪




I DO hope you all are enjoying comfortable season.  
Autumn Rain is falling;  After taking a bit rest, I WILL start visiting you☆☆☆

Linking this post to these pages and Thanks to all the link hosts;

24 comments:

  1. What a great occasion you had Miyako. The butterfly seen in your photo is exquisite - wow <3 Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post I really admire your bird and butterfly photos, so clever. Enjoy the Autumn rain.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEautiful post. Love the golden screen. The Chestnut tiger Butterfly is well named -- beautiful! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv your butterflies and your birds. Happy Mosiac Monday. Enjpyed the video dance too

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an honor to be a part of this big celebration! The ballroom looks so elegant. I enjoyed the video!
    Beautiful photos of butterflies. I love the name, chestnut tiger butterfly. Very creative name for this beauty :-) And the birdies are so cute!
    Have a wonderful new week, Miyako san!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterfly photographs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you framed your husband's band while rehearsing! My internet was too slow for the youtube video to play.
    Wow, amazing captures of this beautiful chestnut butterfly, and also the birds. A stunning post Miyako - you take so much car of each item. Am proud you are participating in All Seasons - many thanks! Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Miyako,
    Wow, all those gold screens looks so elegant and what a huge variety.
    Great celebration and fun video to watch and hearing your husband's band play.
    The special butterfly is a very exotic one and great photos of it!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed listening to your husband's band and watching the dancing. Beautiful photos of the butterflies and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful butterflies and birds ..so pretty how you arranged them. I enjoyed your husbands band music and the dancing... those calligraphy ladies are multi-talented. The gold screen is elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Miyako,
    I very much enjoyed watching the women dance and listening to your husband's band play. Such a fun occasion. The gold screen is beautiful.
    Lovely butterflies and birds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice subjects for this outdoor theme. artistically done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the butterfly and bird photos! The girls' performance was so cute! That gold screen is the perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your butterfly photos show so much detail. Spectacular! I also enjoyed the girl's performance! Thank you for linking up today and have a GREAT weekend, Miyako!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous butterflies - I am so impressed by your close-up shots! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved seeeing the lady's danse to your husband's band and the beautiful are so pretty. Now I always schedule my posts while I am on holiday and this time I am in Malawi and surprise surprise I sscheduled in Q instead of P and am not changing it so next week you will have to wait for 'another surprise' of P! The heat must has gone to my heaad! Have a good weel head.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Orchid,
    I like your butterflies very much!
    Two of them in particular are new to me.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Luisella

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Miyako, I enjoyed the dancing and your husband's band sounded wonderful. The Gold-Leaf Screen is gorgeous. What a great celebration, glad you could be there. I love the beautiful butterflies and birds. The Chestnut Tiger is lovely. It is awesome seeing the Green Woodpecker too. Great post and photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Miyako. I really enjoyed the koi dance both the dancing and your husband's band. It was very happy music. I love your nature photos this week too....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed watching the girls dancing. It looks like they had a lot of fun. I also enjoyed your beautiful nature photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such gorgeous butterflies and birds! Also, the gold-leaf folding screen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm late visiting again. Busy with yard work - finally, tomorrow they are going
    to start replacing our fence sorely damaged by the hurricane...so, I want to note I appreciate your linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week!

    ReplyDelete