Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hubby's Room and His Hobby

Last year when he retired, he abruptly told me that he wished his own hobby room. It was a kind of "out of the blue" confession for me because  he hadn't mentioned a single word about it and I had no idea he had that plan in his mind. He had already finished the behind-the-scenes work finding the carpenters and so on. He beat me to it, I think. As our house is such a tiny one, the decision wasn't so bad after all for our sake.

One of his old acquaintances happened to be teaching how to make 蕎麦.  My husband seemed quite impressed with his delicious noodle and to my surprise, he started doing it himself.
   I posted about his noodle with pic. on 2 of Feb.
                                     Husband's Home-Made Buckwheat Noodle

                                                    buckwheat noodle making side


Tools

Since a few years ago before retiring, he has been playing saxophone. Just a hobby level, I think.  I wish to have more time to watch movies with this bigger size TV than the one in the living room.
saxophone side

 
Anyways, I am happy for him to have these hobbies to kill his affluent time after the retirement.       

5 comments:

  1. What a great room, and now I am hungry for noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much!
    I am willing to serve one!!!
    I wonder how much people in western country know about the difference between Udon-noodle and soba(buck-wheat)noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Orchid,

    I saw the photos in your blog sidebard.
    What a wonderful hobby room your husband has.

    I was delighted to read that he plays the saxaphone as a hobby,
    so does my own husband.
    He goes into the music room for hours and it is wonderful for him and also wonderful for us to listen to the lovely music.

    Good luck to both our men
    music is magic.


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Fiona,
    Thank you very much for your sweet comments today. Oh, I am really glad to read and know your husband also plays saxophone♬♬♬
    My husband started playing it just several years ago. It seems easy for him to play popular songs but must be really challenging to play Standard Jazz Music like "Take Five" or "Georgia on my mind". Lovely to listen to music, isn't it (*^_^*)

    Love and Lots of Hugs to you, Orchid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...very nice indeed!!!
    xoxo bShell

    ReplyDelete