Saturday, June 18, 2016

Happy Father's Day;

*I truly was a beloved daughter*
It's been about two and a half years since he passed away.  We held his 2nd death anniversary last Nov.  Actually, we call it "3回忌・3kaiki ".   There were different explanations in PCpages, but I think it's kind of same as the leap year.  Even though my parents' house is empty, I wished to hold the anniversary at home in front of the family altar.   We waited till this spring to start thinking about grave. altar. house etc.


As I wrote here, he sure loved to catch up with the development of civilization. And the movies, dramas from America watched together gave me the insight to the western culture.    You always are in my heart father. I grew up feeling with your deep affection and support. When I saw you working as a lathe worker when young, I was proud of you as my father and breadwinner "大黒柱 big-black-post, daikokubashira."  My husband and I are working together for your house trying to make better for the prospective owner;  Please watch over us together with mom and brother.

Happy father's Day for everyone and have a wonderful father's day Sunday.
My header for this post is the original one I used when I started blog;

7 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. i am certain he is proud of you and watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a touching post, Miyako san. Those photos of your dad are so wonderful and fond memories of him must fill your heart!
    I'm sure he is watching over for you.. Happy Father's Day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and dear memories of your father. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Miyako,
    Special for using your original header... that is telling a lot.
    Also this tribute to your late Father is very lovingly.
    Can't believe that it is already 2.5 years ago since he passed but yes, in January my Mom will be 2 years gone... Life goes so very fast.
    Indeed, may the sale of your Parents' home will get realized soon so you can resume your own lives together and live on with all the fond memories.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet tribute to your Father. I'm sure he is watching over you and blessing you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful tribute to your father Miyako. Thank you for sharing it. We never forget our dads. Even at my advanced age, I too am still grateful for the lessons learned from my father and for his love and affection.

    ReplyDelete