Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New U.S. Ambassador to Japan♪

First of all, I wish to thank you all of your thoughts and comments for our recent losses in our family.  I can not tell you how much your sweets words comforted me. I'm SO blessed having such warmhearted oversea friends through blog. 

 *Well, I wish to write a quick bright post about New U.S. Ambassador to Japan♪*  
She visited Imperial Palace to the ceremony, riding the horse-drawn imperial carriage. Many people tried to catch a glimpses or take photos of her along the way. 


 So sorry that I only could find the long Japanese version from  TV news in you-tube.  She was welcomed by many Japanese people.



And this page introduces her visit to Imperial Palace in English.

*quote from the page*
In this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan, new U.S. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy, second right, presents her credentials to Emperor Akihito as Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida, right, and others look on during a ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on Nov. 19, 2013. (AP Photo/Imperial Household Agency of Japan)


The shocking news about her father still deep in my mind. Even though I was 8 years old, the scene in rather new black and white TV left quite an impact on me.  It seems she is Japanophile (hope it is a proper word) wearing the peal necklace; TV news mentioned about it p;)  I DO hope she will be a big helping hand to tighten our ties between Japan and America.

PS> Please forgive me that I haven't been able to visit all my friends yet. I'll find time late tomorrow, my friends.

13 comments:

  1. Que bom te ver e vim deixar um abraço,chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so wonderful to see you here again, my friend! And I am so happy to see Caroline becoming involved with your great country. I know she has her father's heart for service. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest in recuperating from these hectic days~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had heard on the news that she did not want to be in the states this week on the 50th anniversary of her father's murder. i can understand why with all the intense media coverage and news stories commemorating the event. i live near dallas and they are having memorials on friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice to see Caroline Kennedy named as Ambassador to Japan. She is a great favorite in this country, and she will be dedicated to serving both countries. The Japanese are so kind and gracious in their welcoming of her. Such a beautiful coach, too! Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Miyako. It is lovely to see you back with us again. I think we all remember the terrible assassination of poor President Kennedy. Who will ever forget that motor cavalcade, and Jacqueline Kennedy in that bright pink suit leaning over towards her husband. Just terrible! This was very interesting for me, as I had no idea that Caroline Kennedy, their daughter, was involved in public office. She is very beautiful. I am sure that she will be an excellent Ambassador to Japan. Sending you hugs dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miyako,

    Lovely to see you back here again and you have been in my thoughts, dear friend.
    Was great to see the procession and ceremony of Caroline Kennedy - she will be a wonderful Ambassador to Japan.
    Hope you are having a lovely week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she was an excellent choice for this important position! This month is the 50th Anniversary of her father's assassination, so there has been a lot in the papers. Nobody will every forget it that sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear Miyako , nice to see you are back my dear friend. Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for sharing this post with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Miyako,
    This is a great post and I loved to see images of the Imperial Palace once again. I stood there on the outside in July of 2007...
    Guess her wearing pearls symbolizes two things; YES being Japanophile and also continuing in her elegant Mother's style!
    Hugs to you and take care of yourself.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. The support of my friends got me through the loss of my husband. I do understand how you feel. So glad to see you posting on here. Made me smile! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Miyako, so glad to see you posting again. You have been in my thoughts. I think Caroline Kennedy is a wonderful choice. She will do a great job for both of our countries. Take care, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Miyako sama!
    I was so much to see her Caroline.
    the big meory about her father of Kennedy she will be dedicated to serving both countries in her elegant mother's styll!
    Otosamani okiotukete kudasainase,
    Anatanimo desuyo! Miyako sama.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. ¸.•°♪♬♫º°

    ❥ Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.♩♫♬°º•.¸
    Brasil.°º✿

    ReplyDelete