Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sea Gull and March of Ducks etc;

                                                
                                                            My main header now is the original one for the new post;
*Late March at the city park*
I missed posting this birdies' topic in March.  It was surprising and happy to see many Gulls perching together on the fence of the lake in the park.  This year, we had more number than the last year. The black faced one is impressive♪

      *Gave me smile to see many Ducks marching together*
On the same day, I've seen many ducks marching on the hill from the lake side to the museum part.  Wished to ask why they are going up hill♬♬♬


Here are some flowers, mixture of mine and the lady key-board player of my husband involved sent for me.   For the flower links;      (sorry for the out of the season ones)
One on the right is Michelia Compressa;we call Ogatama.  Left side I can't identified.
Hydrangea my husband had from his friend;
 


(posted; Etymology page)
The governor  of Tokyo announced  resigning yesterday;
I thought about the word 'post' as the TV news is using the word trying to predict who will be the next governor, saying "who'll be  post Matuzoe, ' posuto Matuzoe' ". 
This word is now used as Japanglish.  I presume not many percentage of Japanese people can understand its real meaning. As someone once told me she thought "against" not "after".  I know it's used like "post world warⅡ".  
I wonder if this word is used for the people in the certain post(-:) ; like "who will be post Obama".
Linking this post to, "Outdoor Wednesday", "Wild Bird Wednesday"

So sorry for the very long post and I WILL be visiting you soon...

21 comments:

  1. Hello Miyako, pretty images from your visit to the park. I love all the gulls and ducks. The hydrangeas are gorgeous. Lovely collection of photos. Wishing you a happy day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gull line-up is sweet. like all the ducks around too.

    you're right, most folks use 'post' as a 'after event' thing not normally after a person (or in this case a person's rule).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Miyako! I've never seen a pretty decoration on a fence than this! They sure made my morning brighter, as do your words and photos every time I stop by. Take good care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Miyako,
    Flowers are never out of season and you have to realize that we do have opposite seasons when we compare the northern and southern hemisphere. Always right for some area.
    Love the many birds and indeed one wonders why they climb 'up'...
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness there are a lot of birds! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miyako san. Such wonderful pictures as always! I didn't know some sea gulls have a black face. He sure looks special. How lucky you got to capture his pretty face :-) Love the hydrangea your husband got!
    I read the news about Tokyo governor. Never paid close attention to use of the word "post." Now I'm very interested! I will check out some usage examples!
    Have a wonderful day, Miyako san xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were wonderful. All the gulls sitting on the fence were so neat to see and the ducks were very nice. I enjoyed the beautiful flowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an interesting post. I learn something everyday from the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Miyako, love the bird pictures! So many seagulls! So many ducks! I think they found something nice to eat on that hill, they are all beaks down, pecking.
    Your language skills are very good; English is full of words that can mean several diffent things (maybe Japanese is, too?)
    ... E.g. 'post' as you say, can mean 'after' or the act of sending a letter (verb) or the things in the letter-box (noun) or a job/ role or even a long pole!!! How's that for confusing? :0
    I hope you are having a lovely summer with lots of birds and flowers to make it beautiful.
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many birds! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miyako San,
    So many duck all over every area Your husband always has beautiful photos.
    Tamago san has more read news papers from Tokyo. I never has for long times.
    I has raining days for so many days more then three weeks I don't playing golf
    for long time too.
    You having a lovely Summer with beautiful day Miyako San!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Miyako, I loved your line up of gulls and the sweet ducks. Beautiful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miyako, some great bird and flower photos. That one of all the gulls lined up on the railing is great. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed this today. Just look at all the seagulls. And the 'march of the ducks' is picture post card perfect.

    Thank you, again, for posting your link and sharing this blog with all of us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen a black faced gull before. Didn't know they existed until today.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Miyako. Beautiful pictures ... Fun to see the different kinds of gulls together . I too always want to ask ducks where they are going and why ..they always seem to have a destination in mind when they are on land! The flowers are lovely ... Only the lilac is familiar to me.

    We certainly do use post in that way here. I hope the post-Obama era will be a good time ... The Republican candidate frightens me. Good wishes for a good era in your country as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I meant to say that the English language can be confusing even to native speakers when there are two different and unrelated meanings for the same word. My son whom we are visiting studies etymology (as a hobby) ... I'll ask him what he knows about 'post' !

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delightful series of lovely photos Thank you for sharing them with Today's Flowers. I always appreciate this very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Miyako....an enjoyable post with the lovely photos. It looks like the ducks are looking for little insects which they find in the grass. Interesting comparison of the meanings of words. I don't think we use the term "salary man". but we work to earn a salary...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for taking part in the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

    ReplyDelete