Saturday, August 9, 2014

Nihon and Nippon;

(posted; Etymology page)
While I was preparing for the next post, I realized we have two ways of calling our nation in Japanese.  Oh My; if I didn't do blogging, I wouldn't have payed attention this differences p;)   We normally call our country "Nihon". But Japan '日本' is written "Nippon" in Roman Character for almost all the signs introducing Japan.

*Nihon*
This is the front cover of the book of learning Japanese. Saying "Everyone's Japanese". Nihon-go means 'Japan and language' and in one word "Japanese" for English..

*Nippon*
This is from picture page which introducing Women's Volleyball team. We can hear the shouts of rooting voice in harmony "Nippon cha-cha-cha" during the game.

Both pronunciations work when describing our country in Japanese. Hope you'd understand the different sounds♪  Here is my former post about Hepburn system writing for more information related this post.

Thank you very much for stopping by;

As this post and new one is connected, I decided to have your thoughtful comments in my next post, see you soon;    Sincerely, Miyako*