Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"A Happy New Year" to my friends♪

Hatuhinode(the first sun rise) picture from here 

A Happy New Year everyone!
I DO wish the year 2014 will be a prosperous and healthy one for all of you

*New year flower arrangement*
The first new year flower arrangement is the one I did last year end for this year. Second one is from a year before. I could not use the pine you might guess why and arranged it or used a bit quiet color. We Normally decorate them inside of the front door or Tokonoma (alcove; we don't have it in my house). 
You can see gorgeous arrangements from this link.
  I put a little horse ornament we were given, which is
   this year's 
animal symbols of Oriental Zodiac Sign.



*Year-Crossing Soba-Noodles 
My husband made Soba-noodle for 16 people this year (gave them neighbors etc).
We have a custom eating year-crossing soba-noodles 「年越し蕎麦」 for new year's eve dinner.  For most Japanese families, having this soba-noodle with family member quietly at home means to greet a happy next year. There are several theories for how this custom started like the link explains, but the most popular one would be "wishing to have a thin long happy life" year-crossing noodles (link) 
                            You can see how he makes Soba-noodle through my link page from my side-bar.
 My Kake-Soba (with soup type and different from the one in my soba link)
(Mine is with cooked beef, mushroom and processed-fish and so on are on top)

*Osechi (New Year Dish)
Osechi-ryōri (link) (御節料理 or お節料理) is traditional Japanese New Year Dish. The food are put into special boxes called jūbako (重箱). There are various BEAUTIFUL ones. Although pictures (from pc) are rather gorgeous than my late Mom's old-day's home-made one, I DO remember my Mom making these dish and helping her; enjoyed nibbling while cooked, haha. And after she passed away, my late bro bought rather expensive one and brought to us with father and ate all together. These are my precious family memories, p;)


So sorry that my old friends may be already familiar with this topic(^^;)  Thank you very much for reading♡♡♡  From this year I will be able to be more faithful to you!!!   

    I'm linking this post to "Our World Tuesday"     


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower arrangements. Your New Year's Eve celebrations looked wonderful. Happy New Year from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shot. So sorry to hear about your father. And so glad you manage to link up okay to Our World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy new year to you dear Miyako :) may you have a splendid year filled with love and happiness. Hugs your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you much happiness in the New Year, Miyako!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful traditions. i love your flower arrangements. happy and blessed new year wished to you and your husband, miyako!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower arrangement is beautiful, Miyako san! And the Toshikoshi-soba looks delicious. I remember eating soba on new year's eve when I lived in Japan. But back then, I was not big fan of soba..haha. Now I like it more and one year I had toshikoshi-soba here in the U.S. :-) It's been a while since I had Osechi-ryori, though.
    Wishing you a wonderful new year with peace, health and happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Miyako, what lovely flower arrangements. I've just popped in to wish you a very happy, healthy and fulfilled new year my friend, filled with love and many blessings. Sending hugs your way, from West to East xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Miyako,
    Happy New Year to you dear friend and wishing this will be a peaceful year for both of you.
    Fond memories live in you from your dear family members that are no longer with us on this earth. That's how life goes on because we keep their spirit alive.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lovr your beautiful flower arrangements. Especially the little horse figurine. Very appropriate. I wish you a very Happy New Year. Hugs and love Miyako!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Miyako,

    Lovely to see the traditions, your wonderful food and photos - thank you for sharing with us.
    Happy New Year dear friend and best wishes for a wonderful 2014, with good health, happiness and blessings.
    Look forward to visiting you again this year.
    Sending love and hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que flores lindas!

    Tudo de bom em 2014 que já iniciamos! beijos,chica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Miyako, Lovely traditions and flowers.. I wish you and your family a very Happy & healthy NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Miyako,

    I hope you will have a

    ….._██_
    ╠╣‹(•¿•)›..H A P P Y
    ╠╣..(█)... N E W
    ╠╣.../ I .... Y E A R

    I send the best wishes to you (and this firework :o))!!!

    ¸☆´.•´
    .•´✶`*.
    *.*★v . ✶•´ ☆´,•*´¨★ Ձ๏14
    ¸✶.•´¸.•*´✶
    ☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ☆★
    ╱◥◣
    │∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
    ╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
    │╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
    ๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩๑๑۩

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Have a very happy and healthy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Miyako sama!
    The Flower arrangement are beautiful for you.
    O soba your husband has always hubby with o soba wa Daisuki desu Watashimo O soba no summe timu desu
    Thank you for nice gorgeous new years memoeies.
    O karadani o kiotuketi kudasai mase.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. The new boxes are beautiful, but the old ones (Your mother's) with all their memories would be my favorite. I am hungry now for Soba noodles, but I would never find any as good as you make I am sure. Happy New Year -- I hope you are feeling better each day ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Miyako, The flower arrangement and customs are wonderful! I wish we had a simple custom to greet the new year that didn't involve football games and taking down of Christmas ornaments, which always makes me sad. Maybe I should think about this holiday in a different way next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Miyako, The flower arrangement and customs are wonderful! I wish we had a simple custom to greet the new year that didn't involve football games and taking down of Christmas ornaments, which always makes me sad. Maybe I should think about this holiday in a different way next year!

    ReplyDelete